Harris Race Radios™ was created out of the frustration of being unable to purchase or rent good quality Motorsport Radio Communications equipment at a reasonable price, this was very frustrating. Aaron Harris was racing in Endurance motorsport events around the world, Bathurst, Dubai, Barcelona, etc. with very much mixed bag of poor but expensive radio equipment and overall very poor communication results. Endurance events are race events where reliability and precision of good Radio Communications makes the difference between winning and losing, poor preforming equipment was stupid and unacceptable.
Rex is a Qualified Radio Telecommunications Engineer, Approved Radio Certifier, and Engineer had access to all of the world’s latest technology and the knowledge to know how to use it. We formed Harris Race Radios, and made rapid progress in improving quality, reliability, clarity, etc. at reasonable prices. Harris Race Radios™ have worked with the Radio Suppliers to ensure that special firmware has been developed to mitigate the effects of high speeds, Doppler and picket fence effects, high noise, high EMF interference, peculiar to modern motorsport communication; we use these firmware systems exclusively on all of our radios.
Harris Race Radios™ in conjunction with Motorsport New Zealand set up Race Radio™ this is a system where race control officials can communicate directly with Race Teams.
Harris Race Radios™ as Approved by Radio Spectrum Management Radio Certifiers (ARC) and Engineers (ARE) are able to craft NZ and Australian Radio Licenses, and keeping of a data base of radio frequencies used for motorsport. Harris Race Radios™ has greatly simplified the gaining of the correct radio licenses. This has resulted in a huge reduction in cross channel interference and overall quality improvement. RSM Radio Certifier.
- New Parts to work even better with the new Digital platform.
It quickly became apparent that the new equipment particularly the new Motorola Digital radio equipment was showing up the deficiencies in all of the other associated equipment. Harris Race Radios™ developed new Wiring looms, Aerials, Helmet kits, Cabling, Earpieces, PTT, even the case that holds the radio in the car, are improved and compatible with the new Digital paltforms.
- Always improving, always getting better.
- As the speeds of the cars has got even higher particularly with the likes of TRS and GT cars, the standards required became even higher, particularly showing up the short comings of the standard helmet kits and wiring harnesses. The Professional series of equipment was developed by Harris Race Radios™ in conjunction with our suppliers. Again Professional equipment at reasonable prices.
- Helmet compatibility with radio systems. It became evident to Harris Race Radios™ that some systems worked better than others, where the only difference was the helmet being used, some helmets distort the sound waves going to the microphone badly, others don’t allow the mic to be placed correctly so Harris Race Radios™ started selling Helmets that are compatible with Radio systems. Roux Helmets USA and Stilo Helmets.
Roux Helmets USA
Roux Helmets USA is a premium #1 Professional quality helmet it is specifically designed for Circuit, on and offroad, for use with radio and Intercom specialist systems.
Stilo helmets are a high Quality helmet that is good for Rally and circuit racing and is designed for use with Radios and intercoms .
- Intercoms: Repairs and advice.
As radio engineers we repair many Motorsport Intercoms, and craft the necessary adapters and noise reduction systems. Again out of frustration at the lack of good Intercoms along with the wrong Intercom often being used for the job it is intended to do, we began selling and advising a complete range of Intercoms and associated equipment.
- AiM Dash and Data Logging Aaron is a International Data Engineer of some note, there for, the marriage of Electronics and AiM Data Dash Management was an obvious one, again providing our customers with the best quality at a reasonable price. We are the New Zealand agent for AiM Sport Dash and Data loggers.
- FreeM Aaron is a International endurance driver traveling the world racing Etc., during his travels and working with several different teams the quality and price varied hugely, with FreeM beeing the best racewear if your have to ware it for 24h. So Aaron got FreeM providing our customers with the best quality at a reasonable price. We are the New Zealand agent for all FreeM Products.
- International brands that Harris Race Radios™are NZ agents for:
Harris Race Radios, Roux Helmets USA, AiM Sports, FreeM Racewear, Motorola, Kenwood, BG Racing, Stilo, Schroth, Rugged Radios, Harris Race Radios, Stand 21, FAST Driver Cool Suits, Pull Rings, RINI Technologies, Antman Helmet Designs, Alfano Digital Tyre Gauge, Speedway One Way Receivers, B-G Racing, Etc.